It’s time to influence the lifestyle of your employees through a targeted corporate wellness offer.
Our society is experiencing a sharp increase in the number of people who suffer from complex, chronic diseases, such as diabetes, heart disease, mental illness, stress, not sleeping well, depression and auto-immune disorders. Chronic disease is a food-and lifestyle-driven, environment- and genetics-influenced phenomenon.
Do you feel your employees are under performing and sick too often because of chronic disease? Are a lot of your employees tired? Working in a stressful environment can be hazardous to your employees health and your bottom line.
You expect a lot from your employees so in order to ensure optimum performance, everyone must be in optimum health! As a company you can promote wellness through a corporate wellness program with a hired licensed health professional that will not only help you develop the program but who will also come to your office for personalized and group programs for your employees that wish to live an optimum lifestyle.
Findings & figures:
One day of absenteeism costs an employer an average of €900 per employee.
Main reasons for absenteeism:
- Health problems
- Physical and emotional stress
- Lack of motivation
- Stressful personal life
In 8 years, the number of sick days per employee rose by almost 25%, and the number of illnesses declared by the employee by 37%.
- Short term absenteeism (0 to 1 month) decreased slightly.
- Medium term absenteeism (1 month to 1 year) increased slightly.
- Long term absenteeism (1 year +) have increased considerably.
Physical exercise, relaxation and a healthy diet all contribute to a reduction in absenteeism from work.
- As physical exercise increases, absenteeism decreases.
- Employees absent for a long or short period of illness eat less fruits & vegetables than those always present.