It’s time to influence the lifestyle of your employees through a targeted corporate wellness offer.
Our society is experiencing a sharp increase in the number of people who suffer from complex, chronic diseases, such as diabetes, heart disease, mental illness, stress, not sleeping well, depression and auto-immune disorders. Chronic disease is a food-and lifestyle-driven, environment- and genetics-influenced phenomenon.
Do you feel your employees are under performing and sick too often because of chronic disease? Are a lot of your employees tired? Working in a stressful environment can be hazardous to your employees health and your bottom line.
You expect a lot from your employees so in order to ensure optimum performance, everyone must be in optimum health! As a company you can promote wellness through a corporate wellness program with a hired licensed health professional that will not only help you develop the program but who will also come to your office for personalized and group programs for your employees that wish to live an optimum lifestyle.
Findings & figures:
One day of absenteeism costs an employer an average of €900 per employee.
Main reasons for absenteeism:
- Health problems
- Physical and emotional stress
- Lack of motivation
- Stressful personal life
In 8 years, the number of sick days per employee rose by almost 25%, and the number of illnesses declared by the employee by 37%.
- Short term absenteeism (0 to 1 month) decreased slightly.
- Medium term absenteeism (1 month to 1 year) increased slightly.
- Long term absenteeism (1 year +) have increased considerably.
Physical exercise, relaxation and a healthy diet all contribute to a reduction in absenteeism from work.
- As physical exercise increases, absenteeism decreases.
- Employees absent for a long or short period of illness eat less fruits & vegetables than those always present.
Invest in your employees’ health and your company will see the results immediately!
With a corporate wellness program, you will have the highest performing team in your business.
The people who work in your company make your company what it is; give them the best and it will come right back to you in ways you could not imagine.
A team effort always has better results!
The body is a powerful self regenerating organism. Provide the body with the right conditions and it will heal itself.
Food, herbs and plants can heal general medical conditions without the use of medication (ex. high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, obesity, inflammation, headache) without secondary effects.
Benefits of a corporate wellness program
The goal of a corporate wellness programs is to deal proactively with issues like stress, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, depression and being tired all the time. Prevention is much less costly than treatment.
Many of the diseases that lead to high absenteeism and inability to perform at optimum levels are related to lifestyle choices.
Corporate wellness programs are aligned with your business strategy and values.
High return on your investment
(more than 200 studies have been done on this)
Your employees will benefit from weight reduction, improved physical fitness, increased stamina and energy, lower levels of stress, increased well-being, boost in their self-image and self-esteem, increased concentration and increased motivation.
Direct cost savings for your company including:
- Enhanced recruitment and increase of your employee’s loyalty.
- Aid in reaching your goals
- Cost savings on your HR overhead
- Decreased rates of illness, accidents and injuries
- Reduced employee absenteeism
- Improved employee relations and morale
- Increased productivity
- Reduced employee turnover
- Extra employee motivation to work more efficiently
- Large corporations are already doing this and have seen remarkable success
What can Make My Day Group do for you?
Activities organized by Make My Day Group:
- Encouraging employees to be physically active
- Providing employees the opportunity to practice and adopt a variety of strategies to reduce and manage stress.
- Encouraging employees to find resources in the community to enhance their health and well-being, and to share these resources with other co-workers.
- 10 week wellness challenge to help employees eat smart.
- Encouraging employees to practice health enhancing behaviors such as eating smart, moving more, and managing stress.
- 12 week weight loss and maintenance support group which enables employees to encourage and hold one another accountable as each works toward attaining or maintaining a healthy weight.
Also organized by Make My Day Group:
- General employee onboarding
- Organization of health risk assessments, stress reduction programs, disease screening, exercise programs, nutrition education.
- Guidance on all phases of corporate wellness programs and provision of ongoing support for all involved.
- Communication around the corporate wellness program
- Launch letter describing the employee wellness program
- Email notices with a list of employee wellness activities and calendar
- Monthly wellness newsletter
- Wellness board & monthly employee recognition social media page/intranet
- Organization of a yearly health fair day in your offices including experts from health care companies; blood sugar, cholesterol screening and blood pressure checks; natural health professionals, fitness clubs, relaxation professionals, yoga professionals, etc.
- Organize health club discounts for employees and their families.
- Bring in an instructor to teach a few classes on meditation, yoga, or deep relaxation so employees can experience the benefits.
- Work with your cafeteria to offer daily healthy meals and snacks.
- Organization of a lunchtime walking group.
- Wellness coaching.
- Healthy meal tasting contest.
- Educational sessions during lunch time on different health and nutrition subjects.
- Development of a digital employee healthy food cookbook.
- Organize team building activities around health during your sales seminars.
- 8 weeks to total well-being
- Cooking classes
- Digestive health
- Fitness challenge
- Stress management
- Team building events
- Weight loss
Offer flexible work schedules to encourage physical activity and family/work life balance
- Provide 5 – 10 minute stretch breaks during the day
- Provide health incentive programs to encourage total wellness
- Assess company policies and work schedules to identify company stressors
- Provide and budget a corporate wellness program
SHOW YOU CARE